Revision as of 12:37, 19 November 2020 by Yadasampati
Vanipedia is a dynamic encyclopedia of Śrīla Prabhupāda's words (vani). In Vanipedia we explore and comprehensively compile Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings from various angles of vision and present them in accessible and easily understandable ways.
We are building an unparalleled repository of Śrīla Prabhupāda's digital teachings (text, audio, video & images) to offer him a continual, worldwide platform to preach and teach the science of Krishna consciousness to the world, for the benefit of all.
- Vanipedia Articles
- Vanipedia Projects
- Vanimedia Projects
- Vanisource Projects
- Vaniquotes Projects
Śrīla Prabhupāda's Vani Temple
Completion Date: November 4th, 2027 - Celebrating 50 Years of Serving in Separation
There are seven divisions, or petals, in the whole Vanipedia project. At the moment there are five petals that are filled with content: Vanisource, where you can read the archived collection of Śrīla Prabhupāda's books, lectures, conversations and letters, Vanimedia, where you may listen to and watch many audio and video clips of Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures and conversations. In addition, we are now beginning to create articles in the Vanipedia petal (the site where you are now) and recently we started the Vaniversity petal with some crosswords.
In Vaniquotes, you can experience the thematic mapping of Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings. We have created a very easy compiling process to populate the Vaniquotes petal. Compiling and studying in Vaniquotes is a penetrating way to absorb oneself in Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings. Each Vaniquotes page contains one or more quotes and is organized under a system of categories based either on a theme, personality, scripture or on a key word or phrase. As Vaniquotes grows, content for the other petals - in the form of written articles, reference guides, and other educational material will naturally develop.
Steadily Vanipedia is becoming a series of multi-faceted festivities of association with Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings. The list of devotees appreciating the offering Vanipedia makes is increasing rapidly. Scrolling through What's in Vanipedia NOW you will surely find something that captures your attention.
The Vanipedia project is a global multilingual (100 languages) collaborative endeavor that is succeeding due to the many devotees (over 1,400) who have come forward to participate in various ways. Vanipedia's Manifesto reveals the principles on which we stand and an introduction to Vanipedia is here. Below you can check out our ongoing projects. If you have a question, want to be involved, or just want to say hi, then please contact us.
Completed Introductory Articles to Vaniquotes
- Discovering the Questions asked to Śrīla Prabhupāda
- How to Read Śrīla Prabhupāda's Books
- Scriptural Origins of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta Verses
- Śrīla Prabhupāda Initiating His Disciples
- Themes within the Bhagavad-gītā
Building a Timeline of Śrīla Prabhupāda's Life
- We are documenting the major events in Śrīla Prabhupāda's life and also offering a chronological order of all recorded media of Śrīla Prabhupāda's vani. Once completed, this time-line will provide an authoritative documentation of all his existing teachings arranged in order of occurrence. A major task indeed and we invite devotees to assist with it.
Articles in Development
- Drawing from Vaniquotes and Vanisource there are many articles that can be written. We invite writers to join this project. Here is a list of some potential Vanipedia articles.:
- Vanipedia is looking for help developing Study Resources for Verses and Purports from Śrīla Prabhupāda's Books.
Uniting Śrīla Prabhupāda's Multi-lingual Family
- Collaborate with a team of 750+ devotees from 99+ languages to create multi-language subtitles for 1,080 - 1 to 15 minute audio clips translated into your language by Śrīla Prabhupāda's 50th Anniversary of arriving in the West on the 4th of October 2015. Find out the details of the project and check out our current results of 16,400+ subtitles for the 1,080 videos.
- We are placing these videos on YouTube, in our Vanimedia Channel and they can also be accessed via themes. Our YouTube playlists also makes it easy to play the videos in each language.
Prabhupāda Speaks Around the World
- In Vaniquotes you can now listen while reading Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures, conversations, interviews and morning walks - feel his presence, feel his mood. To date there are over 3,500 pages with clips available and we are aiming for 5,000 by the end of 2015.
Completing an Audio Fidelity Check of Lecture and Conversation Transcriptions
- We are inviting volunteers to attentively listen to Śrīla Prabhupāda and, while reading, to check the transcriptions for accuracy. This project was launched on the 19th of April 2014. As of the 2nd May 2015, 34 volunteers have proofread 745 files and 3,845 missing words and 4,993 edits have been entered into Vanisource. An explanation is given here...
Adding Scans of Śrīla Prabhupāda's Letters
- We have so far added 5088 scanned images of Śrīla Prabhupāda's transcribed letters leaving 1481 letters still needing scans. These will be added as they become available to Vanipedia.
- We are inviting volunteers to read, verify and correct the Vanisource letter transcriptions for fidelity against the original scans. Please contact us if you would like to help.
Adding Audio to Lecture and Conversation Transcriptions
- We are uploading the audio files to the Vanisource pages so that hearing and reading of Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures & conversations can be done simultaneously.
- The 1977 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 236+ hours of audio in 385 audio files
- The 1976 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 382+ hours of audio in 703 audio files
- The 1975 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 323+ hours of audio in 563 audio files
- The 1974 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 257+ hours of audio in 439 audio files
- The 1973 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 265+ hours of audio in 418 audio files
- The 1972 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 251+ hours of audio in 413 audio files
- The 1971 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 135+ hours of audio in 229 audio files
- The 1970 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 43+ hours of audio in 84 audio files
- The 1969 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 102+ hours of audio in 145 audio files
- The 1968 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 127+ hours of audio in 154 audio files
- The 1967 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 24+ hours of audio in 48 audio files
As the Bhaktivedanta Archives release the other years this project can be completed.
Creating New Categories for Vanisource
- We have begun the process of linking all Vanisource pages to relevant categories to make navigation easier. These new categories will also be used as resources for the timeline of Śrīla Prabhupāda's life.
- Letters sorted by person
- We have indexed letters in order to access those written to each person.
- Lectures sorted by type
- As well as presenting lectures by date and location they have been listed by type.
Newly added Content
- Bhagavad Gita As It Is (1968 edition)
- Śrīla Prabhupāda's Original (1962-1965) Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam
- Essays and Articles
- Śrīla Prabhupāda's Diaries
- BTGs 1944 - 1977
Content to be Added Soon
- Letters From Śrīla Prabhupāda's Secretaries and ISKCON Officers
Authorized and Empowered
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda is a self-realized, pure devotee of Lord Kṛṣṇa. While physically present among us he shared the essence of Vedic knowledge liberally and without prejudice. His only desire was to fulfill his spiritual master's desire – to introduce the process of Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the world.Śrīla Prabhupāda showed us the importance of living life according to the directions given in scripture. He spoke and wrote profusely so that many may have this guidance in life, and he wished that every person on the planet had the opportunity to read his books now and in the future.
Hare Kṛṣṇa Hare Kṛṣṇa - Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa Hare Hare - Hare Rāma Hare Rāma - Rāma Rāma Hare Hare
All material by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
Images copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, and The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust International, Inc.
Compilation copyright © Bhaktivedanta Library Services a.s.b.l.