A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - April 03
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - April 03
1968 - April 03
1969 - April 03
|I am pleased to learn of the success which you and Tosana Krishna are having in your new center. It is all very encouraging to me.|
1972 - April 03
|Our only request is that you make your life successful. Come to the real understanding of your existence. And this is possible simply by chanting Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare / Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma.|
|There is seven planetary systems over us and seven planetary systems down also. Therefore this universe is called caturdaśa-bhuvana.|
|The difference between God and you and me is this, that you know your business, I know my business. But God knows everyone's business. That is the difference.|
1973 - April 03
1974 - April 03
|My only desire for my disciples is that they chant Hare Krishna Mantra at least 16 rounds, follow the rules and live in association of devotees then you will be happy and peaceful and not disturbed.|
|So please go on all working together in cooperative spirit and do the needful; then I may be spared taxing my brain over so many matters and I can go on my real work of translating. I will be glad to hear your further progressive reports.|
1975 - April 03
1976 - April 03
|Prabhupāda: This aṣṭa-kālīya-līlā or this Govinda-līlā, it is not recommended for you.|
Prabhupāda: It is for advanced devotees.
|The person who is working in the garden, Krsna's garden, he should be as careful as the man who is worshiping the Deity in the temple.|
1977 - April 03
|If the parents of our devotees study the philosophy of Krishna consciousness there is no doubt they will benefit equally as their children are now doing.|
|I do not wish to take much of your valuable time but I would have been very much pleased that persons like you without any political prejudice come and take up this movement seriously and benefit the whole human society with this knowledge.|