Yamaraja - a glorious personality
Facts about Yamarāja - one of the twelve Mahajanas, a demigod and a saintly king
- Also known as Yavaneśvara - Yavana-rāja - Yama - Dharmarāja - Yavanesvara - Dharma
- Great-great-grandson of Brahmā
- Great-grandson of Marīci
- Grandson of Kaśyapa Muni and Aditi
- Nephew of Vamanadeva
- Son of Vivasvān and Saṁjñā
- Brother of Yāmi, Vaivasvata Manu and the Aśvinī-kumāras
- Husband of thirteen daughters of Dakṣa (first birth) and ten daughters of Dakṣa (re-birth)
- Father of Śri Nara-Nārāyaṇa, the Eight Vasus (including Agni), Bhadraśravā, Yudhiṣṭhira by Kuntī, Jayanta (expansion of Vasudeva) and many others
- Grandfather of Viśvakarmā, Śiśumāra and Svārociṣa Manu
- Great-grandfather of Cākṣuṣa Manu
- Residence: A heavenly city called Saṁyamanī on Yamaloka
Family Tree Legend: h = husband, w = wife, s = son, d = daughter
Yamarāja is the demigod of death, who passes judgment on non-devotees at the time of death.
Srila Prabhupada's books, lectures, conversations and letters offer reveal the qualities of this glorious personality as seen in the Vaniquotes Yamarāja category. An introduction to Yamarāja from Srila Prabhupada's books is given below in the following 11 quotes.
Quotes from Srila Prabhupada's Books
Yamarāja - explore more within this category.
Vanipedia has now over 215 introductory articles compiled from Srila Prabhupada's teachings under the series titled Glorious Personalities. All these articles can be seen in the Table of Content on the right side of this article and also here in this Umbrella Category. Browse through them to relish the breadth and depth of Srila Prabhupada's teachings - There is an attractive personality for everyone.