Arjuna - a glorious personality
- Also known as Phalguni - Kapidhvaja
- Son of Mahārāja Pāṇḍu and Queen Kuntīdevī (by Indra)
- Brother of Yudhiṣṭhira, Bhīmasena, Nakula and Sahadeva
- Half-brother of Karṇa (born from the ear of Kunti)
- Husband of Subhadrā, Draupadī, Ulupī, Citrāṇgadā
- Father of Irāvān (by Ulupī), Babhruvāhana (by Citrāṇgadā), Śrutakīrti (by Draupadī) and Abhimanyu (by Subhadrā)
- Grandfather of Mahārāja Parīkṣit
- One of the Five Pandavas
- Weapons: Gāṇḍīva bow and 2 inexhaustible quivers of arrows from Varuṇa, the Pāśupati-astra from Lord Śiva, the brahmaśira weapon from Dronācārya, brahmāstra and many others
- Paraphernalia: a conchshell named Devadatta
- Rides upon a chariot (from Varuṇa) bearing a flag marked with Hanumān
Family Tree Legend: h = husband, w = wife, s = son, d = daughter
INTRODUCTION TEXT TO BE WRITTEN
Srila Prabhupada's books, lectures, conversations and letters offer a comprehensive presentation of this essential subject as seen in the Vaniquotes Arjuna category. An introduction to Arjuna from Srila Prabhupada's teachings is given below in the following 10 quotes.
Quotes from Srila Prabhupada's teachings
|Arjuna said: O infallible one (Krsna), please draw my chariot between the two armies so that I may see those present here, who desire to fight, and with whom I must contend in this great trial of arms. (Bhagavad-gītā 1.21-22)|
|Arjuna's special chariot is always marked with the picture of Hanuman, and therefore he is also named Kapidhvaja. (Kṛṣṇa Book, Chapter 58)|
|Arjuna was defeated, however, by his son Babhruvāhana at Maṇipura and fell unconscious when Ulūpī saved him. After the disappearance of Lord Kṛṣṇa, the message was brought by Arjuna to Mahārāja Yudhiṣṭhira. (Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 1.12.21)|
Arjuna - explore more within this category.
Vanipedia has now over 215 introductory articles compiled from Srila Prabhupada's teachings under the series titled Glorious Personalities. All these articles can be seen in the Table of Content on the right side of this article and also here in this Umbrella Category. Browse through them to relish the breadth and depth of Srila Prabhupada's teachings - There is an attractive personality for everyone.