A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - August 02
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1958 - August 02
1967 - August 02
1968 - August 02
|Bhakti means rendering service. So when one learns how to render service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, direct service, then that is the ultimate goal of religious principles.|
1969 - August 02
1970 - August 02
|The Deity worship, the kīrtana, the street saṅkīrtana, distribution of literature, books. You should carry on this program with great enthusiasm. That is my request.|
1971 - August 02
1972 - August 02
|For some time now it has been my desire that our students in India shall have the advantage of one or two trucks or vans for spreading this Krsna consciousness movement there.|
1973 - August 02
1974 - August 02
|So long we have got this body, material body, we must be unhappy. First of all, we must try to understand why we are unhappy. We are unhappy because we are in this material body.|
1976 - August 02
|Devotee (4): We're changing the design on this package. We have Gopāla Kṛṣṇa. Then we put the picture of Gopāla Kṛṣṇa.|
Prabhupāda: When it is nice, why you are changing it? Unnecessary spending is not...
|There are different religious systems, different parts of the world, of the universe. But the real purpose of religion is yato bhaktir adhokṣaje, how to become engaged in the service of the Lord. That is religion.|
|You simply say, "Krsna said four things: 'Just always think of Me.' Krsna said. 'And just become My devotee. Just worship Me and offer obeisances.' Kindly do these things." So if you can induce one person to do these four things, you become guru.|
|The beads for the first initiates should be chanted on by your GBC man and the names given at the time of the sacrifice.|
1977 - August 02
|As I am planning to go to the United States shortly, and as over one year has passed since I was last there, I am requesting your good office to extend the validity of my Registration Card for another year.|