A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - February 23
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
The Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada presents 2200+ of his lectures; 905+ of his conversations; 490+ of his morning walks; 65+ of his interviews and 6,570+ of his letters.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - February 23
|They (my disciples) are arranging kirtana programme at different places and I think the Mrdanga and cymbals will increase the dignity of kirtana.|
1969 - February 23
|All of you are sincere devotees pledged to the missionary activities, so you should sit together and decide what to do and what not to do. But I am begging from you $750 per month against 5,000 copies of Back To Godhead.|
1970 - February 23
1971 - February 23
1972 - February 23
1974 - February 23
|I am not guru. I am... I am... This is... The guru has no material body. Just like the statue is not material, similarly, guru's body is not material.|
1975 - February 23
1976 - February 23
|Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada|
|"This is Kṛṣṇa's desire. He gives the four principles, that 'Always think of Me', man-manā, 'and become My devotee', mad-bhakta, mad-yājī, 'worship Me', and mad-yāji... Man-manā bhava mad-bhakto mad-yājī māṁ namaskuru (BG 18.65): 'Just offer little obeisances. These four principles will deliver you from this bondage of material existence' and, mām evaiśyasi asaṁśaya, 'without any doubt, you'll come back to Me'. So simple thing. It is not at all difficult. This child, he can do this. Old man can do this. Learned man can do this, without any knowledge. Even an animal can do it. Very simple. Bhakti-yoga is very simple."|
|760223 - Lecture SB 07.09.16 - Mayapur|
|To follow the footprints of Prahlada Maharaja, one should be very, very afraid. And the whole process of Vedic civilization, especially devotional service, is how to avoid this samsara-cakra-kadana.|