A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - September 16
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1955 - September 16
1966 - September 16
1967 - September 16
|Anyone who voluntarily cooperates with Krishna's desire He responds to his call very eagerly. Krishna descends to teach us Bhagavad-gita begging our cooperation and anyone who cooperates with Him becomes blessed.|
1969 - September 16
1970 - September 16
1971 - September 16
1972 - September 16
1973 - September 16
|It is all very much encouraging to me. You have got a good temple and good number of devotees, so now you just utilize them in Krsna's service, and I will be very much pleased.|
|Yes for Deity worship at least 10 brahmanas are required. Regarding New Orleans, the book distribution must be established not just the Deity worship. This is very important to our movement, so please arrange this to go on.|
1974 - September 16
|If they do not like the noise of our kirtana there, we shall make it more noisy. So go on performing Hari kirtana for the villagers. They shall get out, not us. Simply by the noise of kirtana the demons actually go away.|
- Letter to Manager of Bank of America written from Vṛndāvana
- Letter to Manager of Liberty Bank written from Vṛndāvana
1976 - September 16
|We have learned from our Guru Maharaja that preaching is very, very important thing, and when one is actually an experienced preacher, then he is able to chant Hare Krsna mantra without any offense.|
|Pure devotion means to pray to the Lord, begging some service: "My Lord, kindly engage me in Your service." That is the perfection of life, when one is engaged in the service of the Lord in love.|