A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - July 28
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1958 - July 28
|I found you a good soul and therefore I did propose it to you but if you refuse co-operation then what I can do. Even Sri Krishna cannot compel one for co-operation because every living being is given full chance of utilizing independant views.|
1965 - July 28
|I am going to America on the mission of propagating my publication Srimad Bhagwatam and I am taking with me 200 sets X 3 volumes of books depending solely on the goodwill of Srila Prabhupada.|
1966 - July 28
1968 - July 28
|I was speaking in the church that God is not dead. God cannot be dead. Neither you or me cannot be dead. There is living symptom in your body, and there is living symptom in the cosmic manifestation also. Just try to understand what is God.|
1969 - July 28
|Regarding my going to Germany, I am actually very much eager to go there and speak in the Indo-German branches about the importance of our Krishna Consciousness Movement.|
|It is my ambition that I want to establish at least 108 centers; beginning from Hamburg, crossing over the Atlantic to your country, USA, then the Pacific, covering Hawaii and reaching to Tokyo, Japan.|
|I understand from a letter from Gurudasa that you have elections for officers for your temple, and the men filling the posts are all very well suited for their position.|
|I am feeling very much proud personally because my so many householder devotees are preaching Krishna Consciousness so nicely.|
1971 - July 28
|You learn your relationship with the supreme father through this Christianity. That's all right. Or through Vedic process. That's all right. Or Muhammadan, Koran process, that's all right. But you learn it.|
|Even though you are able to go in high speed, and for so many years, still Krsna remains avacintya-tattva. Nobody can find out where is Krsna's abode, Goloka Vrndavana.|
|There are so many experienced men in our Society and I think some of them may go to Mayapur and we will construct ourselves.|
|If you are doing so nicely in Austin and neighbouring places, then go on with that program. And go on preaching on the college campuses, as you are planning to do in San Antonio. These colleges are our great future hope.|
1973 - July 28
|There should be no complaint, under all circumstances we must chant regularly 16 rounds and attend the morning and evening classes, for Krishna we can work like anything, but one lick done for maya it is useless, overendeavoring.|
1975 - July 28
1976 - July 28