A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - May 15
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1969 - May 15
|I do not know how I can solve all of these departmental problems if they are all referred to me. It would be better if the department heads could work out such things amongst themselves.|
|I wish that many of my disciples may become expert preachers so they may assist more and more in the great preaching work that we have to do for the benefit of mankind.|
1970 - May 15
1972 - May 15
|Rupanuga has got a tape of me reciting gayatri mantra, so you can get a copy from him. One thing is that the tape should be heard through earphones into the right ear.|
1973 - May 15
|"God has only one son." Why? God one son? I asked the priest, that "God is limited or unlimited?" "Oh, unlimited." "Then why should you limit it by one son?" He could not answer.|
|I am glad to hear that some progress is being made for getting that house in Malaysia. Please keep me posted as things progress in this regard.|
1974 - May 15
|Gargamuni Swami is postponing his scheme to take life members on a tour of many of our centers, thinking the centers are not ready to receive guests. Please investigate this report of the turning away of a life member at the Manor and let me know.|
1975 - May 15
1976 - May 15
|If you are suffering from disease, where is enjoyment? Mental discomfort, bodily discomfort. You are taking thrice pills for tranquillity. Is that enjoyment?|
|We have just received advance copies of the Bhagavad-gita Chinese translation, the first 6 chapters. Might this be of some value to your preaching work in South Korea?|
|As your spiritual master, I have my whole-hearted thanks for your service. May Krsna bless you. You have done a great service for being recognized by Krsna, and continue with this work.|
1977 - May 15