A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - October 30
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
The Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada presents 2200+ of his lectures; 905+ of his conversations; 490+ of his morning walks; 65+ of his interviews and 6,570+ of his letters.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - October 30
|Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada|
|"In the material world goodness is sometimes mixed up with ignorance and passion, but in the spiritual world there is pure goodness—no contamination or tinges of passion and ignorance. Therefore it is called śuddha-sattva. Śuddha-sattva. Śabdam, sattvaṁ viśuddhaṁ vasudeva-śabditam (SB 4.3.23): "That pure goodness is called vasudeva, and in that pure goodness one can realize God." Therefore God's name is Vāsudeva, "produced from Vasudeva." Vasudeva is the father of Vāsudeva. So unless we come to the standard of pure goodness, without any tinge of passion and ignorance, it is not possible, God realization."|
|681030 - Lecture ISO 1 - Los Angeles|
1969 - October 30
1972 - October 30
1973 - October 30
1974 - October 30
1975 - October 30
|Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada|
|"The original form, Kṛṣṇa, when He was present, the original form so many people have seen. They have got photograph..., not photograph; paintings. And it is confirmed in the śāstras, in the Brahma-saṁhitā, veṇuṁ kvaṇantam aravinda-dalāyatākṣaṁ barhāvataṁsam asitāmbuda-sundarāṅgam (Bs. 5.30). Kṛṣṇa is described in the Brahma-saṁhitā, from so millions and millions of years ago described by Lord Brahma, that veṇuṁ kvaṇantam aravinda-dalāyatākṣaṁ. He is always playing His flute, veṇuṁ. Venu means flute. Kvaṇantam. And eyes are like the petals of lotus flower. Veṇum kvaṇantam aravinda-dalāyatākṣaṁ barhāvataṁsam. And on the head He has got the plume of peacock feather. In this way the description is there in the śāstra."|
|751030 - Lecture SB 03.28.20 - Nairobi|
1976 - October 30
|It is correct that the brahma-jyotir is comprised of spiritual souls and that ultimately nothing is impersonal. Dead matter means forgetfulness of Krsna.|
1977 - October 30
|Prabhupāda:Where is the money? (Bengali) We cannot put fire in the flesh.|
Tamāla Kṛṣṇa:(quietly) Can't put good money after bad money.
Prabhupāda:(Bengali) ...you have lost already fifty thousand.
|Prabhupāda:Hmm. Everywhere. Two hundred men already subscribed. If we increase subscribers— many, many.|
Tamāla Kṛṣṇa:You like that idea?