A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - July 06
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - July 06
1971 - July 06
1972 - July 06
1973 - July 06
1975 - July 06
|We require some income for our maintenance. So this was the brāhmaṇa's business. There is no question of doing some business or making some profession or going to the office or going to the factory. This is not brāhmaṇa's business.|
1976 - July 06
|You must execute the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, parampara, Caitanya Mahaprabhu and your guru. That is real life of devotional service, to take some responsibility for working and execute it to your best capacity.|
|This Krsna consciousness movement means to find out the supreme father. Supreme father. That is the sum and substance of this movement. If we do not know who is our father, that is not a very good position.|
|This Krsna consciousness movement was started by Krsna Himself. Apparently the Krsna consciousness movement was started by Krsna Himself in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra five thousand years ago.|
|Kaṁsya is mixture of copper and tin, bell metal. When it is properly treated with mercury, it becomes gold. Similarly, a human being properly treated by initiation, he becomes a brāhmaṇa.|
|This movement can be pushed on vigorously so long we are devotees, otherwise it will be finished. It cannot be conducted by any outsiders. No. Only the devotees. That is the secret. So long we remain devotees, our movement will go, without any check.|
|We are taking so much labor in writing books. If somebody reads, certainly that is satisfaction. I am writing for reading by others.|
1977 - July 06
|Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: Your purports have such wonderful realization. They are completely nectar to read and hear.|
Prabhupāda: That I say.