A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - March 12
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
The Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada presents 2200+ of his lectures; 905+ of his conversations; 490+ of his morning walks; 65+ of his interviews and 6,570+ of his letters.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - March 12
|You can call sermon, because there is prayer song and there is, I mean to say, recitation from scriptures.|
|So long he has to eat meat, he cannot be initiated. Let him attend classes regularly, and render service as much as possible, and Krishna will help him to get out of this dilemma.|
1970 - March 12
1972 - March 12
|Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada|
|Prabhupāda: There is a book, perhaps you might have read, Aquarian Gospel. So in that book I have read there is a Greek word, Christo. Christo... sometimes we don't say Kṛṣṇa, we say Kṛṣṭa. |
Dr. Kapoor: Kṛṣṭa, yes, in Bengali particularly.
Prabhupāda: Yes, so this Christo word means 'anointed'. Kṛṣṇa´s face is 'anointed'. And 'love' also. And this 'Christ' title was given to Jesus on account of his love for God. So, on the whole, the conclusion is Krishna or Christo means 'love of Godhead'.
|720312 - Conversation - Vrndavana|
- Telegram to Ksirodakasayi written from Calcutta (check date)
- Letter to Billy Reyburne written from Vṛndāvana
1973 - March 12
|The Sun, from millions of years giving us light, giving us heat, but he has not lost its power. If this is possible for a dead matter, then how God will be Form-less after creating unlimited universes with His power?|
1974 - March 12
|For management, this division must be there. Otherwise it will be mismanagement. Yes. A Vaisnava coming to the position of doing the work of a sudra does not mean he has become sudra. He's Vaisnava.|
|That is leadership, which man is fitted for which work. The first thing is that we should see that everyone is engaged. How he should be engaged, that requires leadership.|
1975 - March 12
1976 - March 12
1977 - March 12