A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - May 08
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - May 08
1969 - May 08
|I understand that there is new hope now for getting a nice temple there, so I will await the results with interest.|
|You have mentioned that you may be interested in marriage, and if you think that you should marry, there is no question of living as an artificial brahmacari.|
1970 - May 08
|This Sankirtana Movement of Lord Caitanya is most practical and authorized, so such incidents (demonstrations) are to be expected, but this is a great credit for our propaganda efforts.|
1973 - May 08
|I think by the grace of Krsna you are getting some glimpse of hope to keep in possession the Hare Krsna land for our missionary activities. The laurel of victory will be if we can get the whole land at a monthly rent of 1000rs, as you have stated.|
- Letter to Yamunatatacara, Carurupa, Taijasatmika, Dosavarajita, Daksayani, Krodhasamani and Gopalbhatta written from Los Angeles
1974 - May 08
|He does not know that he is bound up, hands and legs, by the laws of nature, and he is trying to solve it by his own method of material civilization. That is the mistake.|
|The enclosed newspaper story, "Krishna followers freed from police harassment," is just further testimony of the great victory made by Caitanya Mahaprabhu in Chicago.|
|It is good news that you have so sufficiently taken possession of the 40 acres of land there in our society name, under control of Gaurasundara.|
1975 - May 08
1976 - May 08
|Surfer. I call "sufferer, Sea-sufferer." Sea-surfer, it is practical, because we are creating a situation by which we shall become a fish. Yes. Contamination. Just like if you purposely contaminate some disease, you must suffer from that disease.|
1977 - May 08