A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - January 07
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - January 07
1969 - January 07
1973 - January 07
1974 - January 07
|See that they hear the mantra from the tape I have made, and have them hear it in their right ear. Give them further instructions on standards of a Brahman.|
|I am always thinking of and appreciating the important work you are all doing there in our Krsna Conscious Gurukula. Please keep steadfast in the program as I have instructed.|
|When I was there I saw the Deity was nicely dressed. So continue all your programs at Bhaktivedanta Manor and Krsna will save you.|
1975 - January 07
1976 - January 07
|As long as Siddha Svarupa Maharaja and Tusta Krishna Maharaja act as sannyasis, ie. dress in dhoti, keep shave headed with sikha, follow strictly the rules and regulations and preach from my books, I have no objection.|
|Sometimes there will be a little misunderstanding between Godbrothers, that is even going on amongst liberated souls. What is important is that everyone must engage in Krishna's service under the direction of the spiritual master.|
|The first business is that the GBC must see to the management of their zones. Still, I require a permanent secretary. In addition, one GBC man may come and go.|
|If some of the trustees are not abiding by the principles or not chanting 16 rounds, then they should be induced by the other trustees who are following, to step down.|
|Soon we shall be instituting Bhakti-sastri examinations and all brahmanas will have to pass. So utilize whatever time you find to make a thorough study of my books. Then all your questions will be answered.|
1977 - January 07
|This whole campus should be for devotees. We don't want tenant. And it should be developed for that purpose, for developing Krsna consciousness. Either here or outside India or anywhere, this principle should be followed.|