A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - October 06
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - October 06
|You sing every day morning that by the mercy of the Spiritual master one can please the Lord and one who has not pleased the spiritual master cannot have any access in the realm of Krishna Consciousness.|
1968 - October 06
|We should not disturb the newcomers immediately with opposite proposals, but tactfully we shall try to teach him in our ways, and gradually he will come to understand this policy is very nice, and approved by me.|
|I thank you very much for your so much sympathy for this Krishna Consciousness movement. And Krishna will certainly bestow His Mercy upon you, and I pray that you will live long for chanting HARE KRISHNA continuously.|
|Drabya means vegetables, etc. And this Drabyamulyena Suddhati is only in special cases like this. It is not to done ordinarily, or unless in special circumstance. We should prepare our own foodstuff and offer as much as possible, of course.|
1969 - October 06
1970 - October 06
1972 - October 06
- Lecture at University - Berkeley
- Conversation - Berkeley
- Conversation House Tour - Berkeley
- Letter to Tamala Krishna written from San Francisco
|The Bombay dealing has been muddled by the tactis of Mr. Nair and Diwanji. Giriraja is in trouble. He is a child in these worldly dealings so immediately go to help him.|
1973 - October 06
|We are Krsna's sons, we are all sons of Krsna, He is very much anxious to see us happy. Just like father wants to see his sons, bewildered sons, to see that he is happy.|
|Yes, you can go on with your book distribution as you were doing before, there is not any harm. I thought that our men were becoming like hippies, but now I understand from you that that is not the case. So I have no objection.|
|In Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Movement, everyone is preacher, whether man or woman it doesn't matter. I do not know why Kirtanananda Maharaja is encouraging our woman devotees not to go out on Sankirtana for book distribution. Everyone should go out.|
1974 - October 06
|I can understand now that how much merciful was my Guru Maharaja that he forced me to take this life.|
|Wherever you find a suitable place you can go, always keeping sure to follow the regulative principles and chanting 16 rounds. Whatever service you can render that is welcome. Do not deviate from the principles.|
1975 - October 06
1976 - October 06
|Indian classical songs are appreciated here and in foreign countries also. This program of presenting the Bhagavatam in classical song is a good idea.|
1977 - October 06
|Prabhupāda: My point is, I don't wish to keep money in the bank. Invest in printing.|
Gopāla Kṛṣṇa: Yes, Śrīla Prabhupāda. And now we are making a big go-down in Bombay, a professional go-down for BBT.
|Of course, if I die, there is nothing to be ruined. You are all participants. So organize this farm project, simple living. Human life is meant for God realization. Try to help them.|