A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - October 26
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - October 26
1967 - October 26
1968 - October 26
|I am very much perplexed to know that you are not feeling comfortable at the care of your parents. If your parents don't receive you as their beloved son, I don't wish to keep you in that blazing fire.|
1969 - October 26
|I want that in all of our books, magazines and other writings the scholarly presentation be given in all instances, so for every Sanskrit word there must be the appropriate spelling and diacritic marks.|
1970 - October 26
|I am very glad that you are preaching steadily our Krishna Conscious philosophy and this should be done in defiance of all the atheistic propagandas which are so much current.|
1972 - October 26
1973 - October 26
1974 - October 26
1975 - October 26
|We take the words of the authority, that's all. Or we have no respite. This is our process. That is the way of paramparā. Not only we accept, but our previous ācāryas, all the big, big ācāryas, they have accepted.|
1976 - October 26
|The main business is how far one is devoted to Krsna. That is wanted. It doesn't mean that one has to become a sannyasi or one has to remain a grhastha. There are four asramas. You should accept whichever is suitable for you.|
|Cyavana has misspent, that is clear. Therefore, indirectly we are responsible because we could not control him. Slack management, Arrange things so that in the future these things may not occur.|
|Preaching is first and foremost. If by preaching people will contribute, then we can get, otherwise, what is the need?|
1977 - October 26