A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - August 04
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1958 - August 04
1967 - August 04
1969 - August 04
1970 - August 04
|Lord Jesus Christ is a saktyavesa Avatara, an empowered living entity or jiva. In order to attain such a position one must be pure, so in this sense Lord Jesus Christ was a pure devotee.|
|Of course, humanitarianism is not a sign of the pure devotee, but unless he did like that no one would hear him. So Lord Jesus Christ was acting a part suitable for the particular circumstances.|
1971 - August 04
- Conversation with High Commissioner for United Kingdom - London
- Letter A to Satsvarupa written from London
|So far your question is concerned you should understand that a devotee is never under any karmic reaction. Whatever is happening is the mercy of Krishna. That should be the view point of the devotee.|
1973 - August 04
|We become in touch with Krsna by chanting His name, Hare Krsna. That is the beginning of our connection with Krsna. Namadi. So sastra says, atah sri-krsna-namadi. Adi means beginning.|
|A flower should be in the garden, but if somebody imagines the flower in the sky, it is something imaginary. So for a devotee, this heavenly promotion to the heavenly planet is just like a flower in the sky.|
1974 - August 04
|Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement is the most beneficial welfare activities to the human society because by awakening them to Kṛṣṇa consciousness, they are saved from this danger of repetition of birth and death.|
1975 - August 04
|One who cannot digest anything, he is recommended to eat this fish, magur mach. Jivo jivasya jivanam. One living entity is the life of another living entity.|
|I am an old man. My visits should remain independent. As far as possible I am travelling, but nowadays I am feeling a little inconvenience.|
|I have seen a photo of the dolls you have made of Krishna lifting Govardhana Hill and also Balarama. Your son has sent the photo. So you have done it very nicely. Go on with this work.|
1976 - August 04
|You have seen Krsna's effulgence is coming. That is the source of everything. That expansion of that effulgence is the brahmajyoti, and in that brahmajyoti, innumerable spiritual planets, material planets, are generated.|
|Prabhupāda: ...that this voice does not belong to this universe.|
Prabhupāda: That is the secret. It is imported from the spiritual world. Golokera prema-dhana, hari-nāma-saṅkīrtana. Golokera. It is coming from Goloka Vṛndāvana.