A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - March 09
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - March 09
1968 - March 09
1969 - March 09
1970 - March 09
|Under the circumstances, whatever you are doing is for the good. So until something practical is taking place in Paris, you continue to do this work - that is a great service to the Lord. I am very much pleased with your endeavor.
|Regarding our Indian centers, we are experiencing some bright glimpse because in Calcutta, as informed to you by Acyutananda, we may get a nice plot of land. So you can save money as much as possible for constructing buildings or Temples in India.
|I want to publish one catalog of our ISKCON movement, giving pictures of all important centers and especially of New Vrindaban. This idea I gave you long ago when I was in New Vrindaban.
|I want to establish many Radha Krishna Temples in all important towns and countries of the Western World. I am not only establishing Temples, but I am creating the devotees of the Temples.
|Now we are requiring our students to be very well familiar with all our literatures so that we may present our philosophy before even the most educated persons. This is very important as our movement is now growing and attracting greater notice.
1972 - March 09
|Actually everything belongs to Krsna. We belong to Krsna. My body belongs to Krsna. I am part and parcel of Krsna; therefore my only duty is to serve Krsna. This is perfect knowledge. Otherwise all nonsense.
1974 - March 09
|Prabhupāda:If you guide other people, and you do yourself, just to keep the temple very neat and clean, it will be a very, very, great service.
Guest: Yes, yes, yes. I am ready to do that.
Prabhupāda: Well, then you are welcome immediately.
|If you show example how to keep the temple neat and clean, then these foreigners also will learn from you.
|To understand Kṛṣṇa is not so easy, but if you follow the mahājana, if you try to understand the philosophy through the paramparā system, then you'll realize Kṛṣṇa and your life will be successful.
1975 - March 09
1976 - March 09
|I planned that "I must go to America." Yes. That was the reason. Otherwise, generally they go to London. I did not go to London. I was simply dreaming, "How to go to New York?"
|I was scheming, "Whether I shall go this way, through Tokyo, Japan, or that way? Which way is cheaper?" That was my plan. And I was targeting to New York always. Sometimes I was dreaming that I have come to New York. Hare Kṛṣṇa.