A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - May 28
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - May 28
- Letter to Indian Embassy in America written from New York
- Letter to Ministry of Finance (India) written from New York
|Since I have come to America in the last year (September 1965) I have traveled many parts of the country and some of the local papers have published articles on me and they have designated me as the Ambassador of Bhaktiyoga.|
1968 - May 28
1969 - May 28
|Your spiritual name, Sripati Das*, means the servant of Lord Narayana, or Krishna. If you will simply continue to develop your Krishna Consciousness as you have been doing, then surely you will be an expert servant of Lord Krishna.|
1970 - May 28
- Letter to Manager of Security Pacific Bank written from Los Angeles
- Letter to Satsvarupa written from Los Angeles
1971 - May 28
1972 - May 28
|So we want to give the citizens the positive value of Krishna consciousness way of life, so for that activity we must always be preaching very strongly in the public. Therefore I approve your plan to run for public office.|
- Letter to Deputy/Assistant Charity Commissioner written from Los Angeles
- Letter to Gargamuni written from Los Angeles
|So far your question regarding Deity worship, during arati everything should be offered first to the Guru.|
|So far our question is concerned there are two possibilities. You may say that Krishna is God the Supreme Personality and that He is God the Supreme Person.|
1974 - May 28
|Just like some of our students, immediately married and again, "Give me sannyasa." What is this? Irresponsible, that's all. Irresponsibility. So these things are not required at all.|
|Just like in New Vrindaban. They are coming to the city for preaching. So not absolutely we can abstain immediately because we have been dependent so long, many, many lives. You cannot. But the ideal should be introduced gradually.|
1975 - May 28
|With the progress of so-called civilization, people are becoming more and more demons, so they cannot understand. Mūḍhā nābhijānāti. Mūḍhā, he cannot understand. That is the difficulty. More dull-headed, less intelligent persons are coming. Just see.|
|In your country, the Deity should not go without shirt. Gaura-Nitai may wear turbans. Nothing should be offered to Krishna unless it is prepared by the devotees themselves.|
|So far the managing committee is concerned, when I shall return to Bombay, I shall personally form it. In the meantime, go on managing as it is.|
|Regarding registration in Guyana, you simply have to show in court how we are an international society, not for any particular creed, race, or nation. Show them that we are a cultural movement. You should not back away when things get difficult.|
1976 - May 28
1977 - May 28
|Anyone who has given sincere service to Kṛṣṇa for any one day, he cannot go away. He has Kṛṣṇa's protection. This life, that life.|
|Prabhupāda: So add him. GBC is not to be changed.|
Satsvarūpa: But then, in the event that some present GBC member leaves, either leaves...
Prabhupāda: Another should be elected.
|In my presence one should not become guru, so on my behalf, on my order... Āmāra ājñāya guru hañā. Be actually guru, but by my order.|
|They must be all ideal acarya-like. In the beginning we have done for working. Now we should be very cautious. Anyone who is deviating, he can be replaced.|
|The death is inevitable, you die today or tomorrow. So by taking this medicine, if you die, you have the greatest benefit. And if you live, enjoy. If you die, enjoy; if you live, enjoy.|