A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - March 29
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1961 - March 29
1968 - March 29
1969 - March 29
|I thank you very much for your kind appreciation of "Govinda" my new record album. I am very much happy to hear your kind appreciation, and it is very much encouraging to me.|
1970 - March 29
|My suggestion is that after some time training in Detroit with Bhagavan das you can try to expand our activities by opening a branch in some suitable place. That will be very nice. So please chant Hare Krsna and be happy, that is my desire.|
|I am personally here in Los Angeles, and because Krsna has now given us a very nice church, it will be possible for me to look after the business here to be the ideal for other centers. The church building is very excellent.|
1971 - March 29
|This Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement is expanding by their help. I am alone, but they are helping me. They are my gurus. I am not their guru, (applause) because they are helping me in executing my Guru Mahārāja's order.|
|Now I am sending them within two or three days. They will take care of the temple and they will preach also. This Krsna consciousness movement is expanding by their help. I am alone, but they are helping me. They are my gurus.|
|As far as we are concerned, we are trying to establish daiva-varnasrama, as it is instructed by the Gosvamis, by Hari-bhakti-vilasa, by our spiritual master. May not be very perfect, but we are trying our best to introduce this daiva-varnsrama.|
1972 - March 29
1974 - March 29
|This Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement means to train people to become the topmost yogi. Topmost yogi. Because they have controlled their senses. No meat eating, no intoxication, not even smoking or drinking tea. This is yoga.|
|If you can establish a strong center in Taiwan as it is described in Sri Ballavh das' letter it will be a great idea. We have one branch in Moscow, if we get a branch in China, on the mainland, it will be a great achievement.|
1975 - March 29
1977 - March 29