A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - September 23
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - September 23
|Let me begin the printing immediately as we have waited so much time. I am now fit to return back but I shall be glad to return with permanent Visa. I am going to Calcutta to visit Lord Caitanya's birthplace.|
|If you continue to write articles on the basis of BG and SB certainly they will appeal to the core of the hearts of all human beings and surely they will respond. So, continue the policy scrupulously and you will be successful.|
1968 - September 23
1970 - September 23
|Who is the rascal who said that you are no longer my official devotee? You are my devotee eternally. Don’t be agitated in this way.|
1971 - September 23
1972 - September 23
|We are not lazy. We are not sleeping. Everybody is busy. Somebody is going to write, somebody is going to type, somebody is going to sell books, somebody is preparing prasadam, somebody is cleansing, somebody is going to sankirtana.|
- Morning Walk - Los Angeles
- Nitai Guna Mani Amara - Los Angeles
- Letter to Kirtanananda written from Los Angeles
1974 - September 23
|If we don't take to tapasya and don't take to knowledge, then this human form of life is spoiled. That, that, this Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement is meant for this purpose.|
|Don't take this movement as some something sentimental. Authorized movement. We are speaking the science which is given by Krsna, the Supreme Authority.|
1976 - September 23
|The statement on Bhavan's Journal has been sent to them. Also a copy of my letter to Smt. Morarji has been sent to you by Harikesa Swami. Please acknowledge receipt. Harikesa is not working as my secretary now; he has been sent for preaching work.|