A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - February 09
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1969 - February 09
1971 - February 09
1974 - February 09
|Devotee should not commit mistake. He's above it. It is my business to worry. Because I do not show the stick, don't take advantage of it. Keep me less anxiety.|
1975 - February 09
1976 - February 09
|ISKCON is not going to be social reformer, but as far as possible, we can help. Our main business is how to make everyone Kṛṣṇa conscious. That is our business. We cannot take up, but if possible, we can take up all the system of varṇāśrama.|
|As far as entering crematorium is concerned, no, we cannot go. That is social system, but we are sannyasis. A sannyasi is in spiritual life, not in social life at all.|
|It must be solidly discussed. We can consider at the GBC meeting. Things cannot be whimsically proposed and adopted.|
|It is very nice that you chant and take prasadam with our devotees in Berkeley. Please continue to chant Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare and your life will most certainly become perfect.|
|Since we have already moved to our new location and everything is going on according to our standard program, we cannot possibly think of moving again or purchasing another building.|
|As much as possible go to our temple in Mexico City, nearby you, and associate with the devotees there.|
1977 - February 09
|Regarding your proposed Hare Nama Sankirtana, please accept my well wishes for your sincere endeavor.|
|I think it is best that you come to Mayapur for the Gour Purnima Festival and we can talk in detail about the temple and preaching in Fiji and your part in it. If you can come to Mayapur that will be nice.|