A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - March 28
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1960 - March 28
1966 - March 28
1967 - March 28
- Letter to Brahmananda, Satsvarupa, Rayram, Gargamuni, Rupanuga and Donald written from San Francisco
|Be cheerful and chant Hare Krishna without any lamentation. As I have told you several times that my Guru maharaj used to say that this world is not a fit place for gentleman.
1968 - March 28
|As you go on preaching you will become expert. In every sphere of activity the more a man becomes active, he becomes more and more expert.
|You are saying that you are a fool, and I shall be glad to get a number of fools like you. I want such transcendental fools and not material intellectuals. May Krishna bless you.
1969 - March 28
|Govinda dasi has already written you letter to come here as soon as possible. I hope you come before I leave this place on the 31st March 1969. This tape may be returned to L.A. address.
1970 - March 28
|Both Sri Dhama and Nandakisora are good administrators of Prasadam which is our peak medicine for driving away Maya; so I have all blessings for them. Let them chant Hare Krsna and distribute Prasadam, and things will come very quickly.
|It was also informed to me by Umapati that all of you along with George were in Paris for some television engagement. Did you find any suitable place for our Temple in Paris?
1971 - March 28
|We have to make it confirmed in three ways. What we hear from the sadhus, we shall have to consult whether these things are spoken in the sastras. And whether the statements or sastras are confirmed by guru, by the direct spiritual master.
1972 - March 28
1973 - March 28
|You are studying Sanskrit, that is very nice. If you can to learn to vibrate some important Sanskrit verses then you will be listened to wherever you go.
1974 - March 28
|Illusion is forced. But affection is not forced. When father loves child, that is not forced; that is reality.
|Living entity is eternal servant of Krsna. When he, instead of becoming servant of Krsna, wants to imitate Krsna, to enjoy... Because the enjoyer is Krsna.
|In continuation from my last letter to you, I wish to inform you that I have now arrived in Bombay a week ago. I would like to meet with you; therefore, please let me know where and when I may see you.
1975 - March 28
1977 - March 28