A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - May 31
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - May 31
|I am so glad that you are selling my books nicely. Yes, always try to sell our books and Back To Godhead, as far as possible. That is our main business.|
1969 - May 31
|I am very pleased also to note your appreciation for our Bhagavad-gita As It Is, and I want that all of my students will understand this book very nicely. This will be a great asset to our preaching activities.|
1970 - May 31
|Jariwala's letter is not very encouraging. He is prepared to some silver Murtis; Murtis we have already got. Therefore we should not take him for the present very seriously. Later on we shall thank over the matter.|
1972 - May 31
|The workers, laborers, he (the Christian priest) was preaching amongst them that "Lord Jesus Christ will save you. If you don't take shelter of Lord Jesus Christ, then you'll go to hell."|
|I am currently now in Los Angeles. Tomorrow I am going to Mexico. After returning from there I will again go to Portland and this time I will go to London for Rath Yatra.|
1974 - May 31
|Just like ass is the most hard-working animal, but it has no intelligence. So we don't want that. We want working with intelligence. That is difference.|
|You cannot expect that your audience should be all highly brain. No. Preaching is required because they have no brain. Therefore your duty is to tolerate all difficulties and bring them to the sense of brain.|
|Take good care of these devotees so that they they remain always enthusiastically engaged in chanting, hearing, reading our books and following the regulative principles.|
1975 - May 31
|Please continue to follow very strictly the rules and regulations, chant 16 rounds and read my books well. This will keep you always fixed up in Krishna Consciousness and Maya will not succeed in bewildering you.|
|You can tell him that we want many Panca-tattva Deities made out of cement or plaster paris. They can be made the same size as the L.A. Gaura-Nitai Deities.|
|If you give the right protection to the cows, then they will give so much milk, that the ground of New Vrndavana will be muddy with milk.|
1976 - May 31
|Prabhupāda: That is everyone's philosophy. Everyone wants to make a group.|
Hari Śauri: That's what you were saying this morning. They want to control nature rather than control their own natures.
1977 - May 31