A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - February 03
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - February 03
|I think you are now expert account keeper may Krishna bless you for talents and sincere endeavour for service of the Lord. The more you serve the more you become expert in everything.|
1970 - February 03
1972 - February 03
|The verses of the Gita have a specific melody but you may choose a suitable tune. Most important is that the melody remains very simple.|
1975 - February 03
|For me, personally, I had the opportunity to talk with my spiritual master not more than ten times in my whole life, not more. It may be less than that. But I tried to follow his instruction, that's all, although I was a gṛhastha.|
|In the Bible, the first injunction is "Thou shall not kill." This means the people were, in those days, at least people who were all around Christ, they were very much expert in killing. Otherwise why he says first, "Thou shall not kill"?|
|You are a very expert book distributer, so I do not want you to give it up altogether. If you like, you can also do some painting, but you should still distribute books two days out of the week (at least).|
|I have given all of my disciples instructions to follow for making spiritual advancement, but if they do not have the desire to follow, then what can I do?|
|It is good that you have gone to Amsterdam temple to help with the deity program there. It must be done very nicely. So, help train them up to worship Radha and Krishna very nicely.|
|Regarding the question about selling records there, I have already told Hamsaduta that it may continue temporarily until the stock is finished, but you must give a book with each record.|
1976 - February 03
|I am glad to learn that you are daily coming to our New York temple to worship the Deity. Most probably I shall be coming to New York next April where we shall meet and talk more about spiritual progress of life.|
|Please accept my greetings and thanks for your appreciative review of Srimad-Bhagavatam. I am trying my best to publish the entire Srimad-Bhagavatam, which will be about 60 volumes. Thank you very much for your encouragement.|
|You can add to the Songbook the poem I wrote before arriving at the Boston Port when I first came to America. This can be printed at the beginning of the book.|
|I am so pleased that you are chanting the Hare Krsna mantra 16 rounds regularly and following the principles. Stick to these rules and regulations and Krsna will bless you with Krsna consciousness.|
1977 - February 03