A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - October 29
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - October 29
1967 - October 29
1968 - October 29
|You will be glad to know that I have been admitted in your country as permanent resident (Immigration Visa) under ordained Religious Minister and it is learnt that my initiated students may be saved from the military service.|
1969 - October 29
1972 - October 29
1973 - October 29
|I am glad that you like the Glasgow temple and that you are going there to preach. We want that the Indian people participate in this movement of Lord Caitanya.|
|We have to fight with all these so-called leaders, scientists, and philosophers, just like Krsna came to kill all the demons because the whole world is full of demons.|
1974 - October 29
|Father, mother, guardian's duty is to educate the wards, subordinates, in such a way that he becomes fully Kṛṣṇa conscious and so that he can be saved from this repetition of birth and death.|
1975 - October 29
|If Judge Saheb makes any program for my going to Agra and to arrange for a meeting of the leading people of the city, it will be a great pleasure for me to meet them and present my appeal so that they may join this great movement.|
1976 - October 29
|If you feel Maya attracting, then live an honest life as a householder and contribute to our movement. As a family man you can join Svarupa Damodara to help with the Bhaktivedanta Institute.|
|It is a fact that we are different from all bogus groups. Now we should present our movement very nicely so that people will be able to understand.|
1977 - October 29
|Prabhupāda:No. Our is spiritual education, no medical education.|
Tamāla Kṛṣṇa:Right. That's the point.
Prabhupāda:Preliminary health principles, they can learn.