A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - September 11
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - September 11
|We have to follow the footprints of the acaryas. Mahajano yena gatah sa panthah. We cannot understand higher things unless we follow the footprint of great personalities.|
1969 - September 11
1971 - September 11
1972 - September 11
1973 - September 11
1974 - September 11
|Kṛṣṇa is the original guru. Tene brahma ādi-kavaye, ādi-kavi. Ādi-kavaye means ādi-kavi, the original learned scholar. How much brain he has that he has created this universe, Brahmā. He has created the demigods, he has created the planets.|
1975 - September 11
|Nārāyaṇa is so kind that although he did not mean real Nārāyaṇa—he was meaning his son—but the affection was there for Nārāyaṇa. So Nārāyaṇa is so kind that consciously or unconsciously, if you chant the holy name of the Lord, it goes to your credit.|
|A difference between godbrothers is natural. That difference of opinion will continue, what can be done.|
|I wish that you may kindly come here to Vrindaban to train up my men how to organize and run the Guest House nicely. I think one week will be sufficient. We shall pay all your expenses in coming and going from Bombay.|
|I am glad that you are doing nicely in Krishna consciousness, and that you are reading my books and preaching. Tamal Krishna Goswami also gave me a good report of your activities. So now continue.|
1976 - September 11
|The small Deities, salagrama, They are worshiped. And big Deity, They are decorated nicely. No need of washing.|
|The names are, for Bhakta Rarmer - Vrajaraja dasa, and for Bhakta Ted - Tribhuvanapati dasa. Jyotir Maya das has been accepted by me for second initiation.|
|On your recommendation I am accepting Simhesvara das brahmacari as brahmana and his thread is enclosed within. The name of Tyaga dasa may be given to Terry Gardner and the name Sarana devi dasa may be given to Sandra Joaquim.|