A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - October 22
Revision as of 07:23, 15 January 2021 by Vanibot (Vanibot #0044: Moves timeline navigation to the bottom)
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - October 22
|We shall be sorry for Kirtanananda's plight under Maya and may not waste our valuable time talking about him. The best thing that you have done is that he should no longer speak in our temples. We shall all pray to Krishna for his recovery.|
1968 - October 22
1971 - October 22
|I am so glad to learn that you are eager to preach but we should know it that we cannot preach without being solid in our standing as devotee.|
1972 - October 22
|I am very much encouraged to note the many signs of progress in the building work and other things. You are the best man for this task of being responsible for our world headquarters at Mayapur, thank you very much for helping me in this way.|
1973 - October 22
1974 - October 22
|Nobody is immortal within this material world. And still, we are attached. We want to be immortal. That is the psychology.|
1975 - October 22
- Letter to Ideal Advertising Agency written from Johannesburg
- Letter to Tulsi written from Johannesburg
|Concerning your idea to go port to port by ship, why waste time and energy. Don't spoil money purchasing boat. Port to port we can go by airplane.|
1976 - October 22
|Yes, I was there in Buffalo, it is nice. Nitai Gaura is there. It is a very good opportunity. Take advantage and do it nicely. Surely Nitai Gaura will give you strength.|
|I am awaiting your visit. We shall discuss further regarding the land you have described when you come.|
|Yes, my blessings are there that you may always have the strength to act according to my orders. Yes, I am feeling a little better. You are welcome to come in January. Thank you for your wanting to help relieve me from the management burdens.|
|Do not mind the dogs barking to get us out of the temple in Chicago. Stay in the temple and prolong as far as possible. In Bombay they tried to evict us in so many ways, but Krsna allowed us to stay and now we are going forward.|
|Since Tamala Krsna, Gurukrpa, Ambarisa, and yourself are all in agreement to develop the restaurant in Hawaii rather than in Boston, I have no objection.|
|I am confident now that you'll stick to our Krsna consciousness and do the needful. May Lord Krsna bless you.|
1977 - October 22
|Svarūpa Dāmodara: So whatever Your Divine Grace instructs us, we are ready to serve.|
Prabhupāda: If you move me from here, I will immediately die. (pause) I cannot live.